Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Crazy Christmas Summary

As most of you know we have routinely been known to have eight to ten Christmas functions every year, which was manageable before we had Owen but now it's just plain crazy! He did extremely well with all of them until the evening of Christmas. We started out the day at 6 am, headed to Grammy's (Nathan's mom) at 8, to my grandmas at noon, then to Namma's (my mom) after that. He eventually took an afternoon nap but then didn't want to wake up and did not care to open any more gifts. Here are a few pics that sum up the day.
Santa brought him a kitchen (a little to his Daddy's dismay) and all he wanted to do was play with the new phone it came with instead of open his other gifts.
When we got to Grammy's house he found the motorcycle he had asked Santa for! He did the whole deep-breathe-in-thing because he was so excited.

Then at my grandma's house (BoBo's) he got a set of "doctor tools" and was going around to everyone telling them they didn't feel good and he needed to doctor them. He recently asked me to put the "telescope" around his neck "just like Dr Wilson".

Between my grandma's house and my parents house is a field with a little creek and my dad taught Owen how to spit in the water every time he crosses it. He was sitting on my lap helping me drive to Namma's and we ended up spitting for quite a while despite the cold!
As we had all just finished opening our stockings, Owen started crying and wouldn't stop with any bribing (gum, juice, presents) and then he cried out "I want pancakes!"...I at first said no but then realized that was the only way he was going to stop so Nathan read him a book while he ate and his Aunt Jill didn't let anyone (including her own excited kids) open a single gift until Owen was back in the living room. After he finished eating he said "Mommy, I'm done crying now". The poor little guy was exhausted from all of our running around.

All was good with his new Diego back pack and Clayton giving him some attention.

Eli and Clayton got a hunting blind and it of course had to be put up in the middle of the living room floor so the little boys had fun in there too. Owen loves his Uncle Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment